The Salt Fly-Tying Table
The Salt Fly-Tying Table is a portable fly-tying table with legs! It weighs less than 25 lbs., so you can take it to where you want to tie!
1. The table is made of pine and, it has been hand-painted light blue and white and then "distressed/sanded" to give it that coastal look! After it is painted, I cover it with three coats of spray polyurethane - sanded between each layer to give it a semi-smooth texture. You can also have it painted in distressed white.
2. The table measures 26 inches high, by 19 1/2 inches wide, and 13 inches deep. Keep in mind, when you attach your c-clamp vise (or use a pedestal vise on the table-top), you are adding another 7 - 10 inches in height to your work space. So, you are actually working at 33 - 36 inches (see photo, below right for a table in use.
3. Each side of the table is enclosed with a paneled wall - including the front door.
4. The spool rack is two levels and extends 18 inches across the table. It holds 21 spools.
5. A magnetic strip has been placed along the bottom of the spool rack for drying flies or placing small hooks to be used.
6. On the left and right side of the top of the table there are instrument slots - 14 total.
7. The two shelves allow you to store many of your supplies, like hooks, bead heads, hackle, bucktail, etc).
8. A Trash Hole with Magnetic Bin has been added in the middle of the table top to help you easily remove your waste. Just scrape all your waste into the hole, open the front door, pull the Bin out and dump your trash - it's that easy!
9. The vise bar, which runs 15 inches across the front of the tabletop, is made for either right, or left-handed folks.
10. Your table will be personalized with a brass nameplate across the front. You pick what you want it to read!
11. On each end, just under the table top a rack has been placed to hold items like flash and chenille. Eight clips are included to help hold the materila in place.
12. Wine corks have been placed on each side of the table top to dry flies. The corks have been wrapped with twine to give it a "wharf" look.
13. Wood screws are used to connect all pieces, and flat, wood plugs are placed in the recessed holes to hide the screws.
Dress up your table with one or more hand-painted fish! Simply add to your cart! Some photos here, include tables with purchased painted fish.
You can see photos of The Salt Tables I have shipped to clients:
Free Shipping Inside the U.S.!
See my Shipping Policy.
The Salt FLy-Tying Table
Add Inside Drawers
Five drawers will be added to your table, which include removable slats - giving you 30 compartments or 5. Drawers are placed freely on wood slats for easy complete removal and replacement. Total inside drawer space is 9 1/2" wide x 7 1/2" long x 1 1/2" depth.
A table in use, so you can see the working height.