The Laurel Fork Fly-Tying Desk
The Laurel Fork Desk is a table-top model that allows you to work on any flat surface!
Just can't leave the kitchen table?
The Laurel Fork Tying Desk offers you a great work station to tie flies at the kitchen table or any other table-top surface.
And, if you're moderately agile, maybe even in your lap...
The desk is made from pine and can be stained in any of my available wood stain colors.
Here are the desk specifics:
1. The base of the table measures 20 1/2" across x by 11 3/4" wide, and 5 3/4" high from bottom to table top. The back Framed section measures 11" to the top, from the bottom of the base. Table top measures 20" wide by 10 1/4" deep.
2. The "flash fish" stands an additional 8" above the top of the back frame. The fish has 6 dowels for holding flash. Hair clips are included to help secure your flash. You can choose any of the fish i have listed for your "FLash fish". In comments, just tell me which fish you would like. Here is a link for the options: fish patterns
3. Against the back frame, two compartments have been placed to hold large tying material, like bucktail and feathers. The areas are enclosed by twine.
4. On the tying surface, 12, 1 1/2" hook and bead trays have been placed. A large magnet is in the bottom of each tray to hold your materials in place. In addition, 3 wine corks for fly drying have been placed on each side.
5. 18 tool slots have been drilled into the side frame of the desk: 6 on each side, and 6 on the front.
6. On each side, a vise-mounting fish is secured. These fish are made of poplar, and they are 1" thick, so you can tighten down your vise. In addition, 11 spool dowels are included on each fish - each dowel can hold 2 spools.
7. On the base, a large drawer is available to hold materials and tools. The inside measurements are 16 3/4" across, 8 3/4" wide, and 2" deep. The drawer is secured by two magnets on the back of the drawer, which keep it in place.
8. On each side of the desk, handles have been placed for easy handling.
Please See my Shipping Policy.
The Laurel Fork Tying Desk